Travel Advice and CICERONI Travel Policy on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
(Updated 3 April 20)
With extensive coverage in the UK media and elsewhere concerning COVID-19 (Coronavirus) please find below information on our policy as it stands; as we know many of you will have questions about how it will impact on any current or future bookings with us.
As members of AITO, The Specialist Travel Association, we are monitoring the situation and are being kept directly informed about UK Government policy and travel advice as a result of COVID-19 as soon as it is released. Any decision to travel is ultimately for our clients to decide. However, there is an overwhelming amount of information and speculation in the public domain, and we believe we need to try to keep events in perspective as much as we possibly can.
As this is a dynamic situation we do not intend to publish all the facts here - but rather to give you the direct links where you can read more about the situation to help inform yourselves from primary sources, rather than via mainstream media.
Practical advice and guidance can be found at the following links:
• Further information on coronavirus, including advice on preparing for foreign travel and helping reduce the spread of the virus, is available on the Travel Health Pro website. In particular see the ‘Advice for Travellers’.
Our policy on cancelling a tour:
• If you have an existing booking, and we are forced to cancel the tour following travel advice issued by the UK Government (or because of restrictions placed on us by the host Government); you would normally be entitled to a full refund under our terms and conditions, which are written to comply with the EU Package Travel Regulations.
• If you feel that you wish to cancel a tour which is still operating, then please call us so that we can discuss the situation. We will look to be as fair as possible in terms of the financial consequences of cancelling. The office is open Monday – Friday 0900 to 1715.
Transferring to a future tour:
• We have revised our intended plans for 2021 to include the tours we had planned to operate in Spring 2020 before COVID-19. If you have an existing booking for the tours we had planned to operate between March and June 2020 you will aultomatically be offered a priority place on the same tour due to depart in 2021. We will be contacting you individually to discuss your options. Please note that there may be changes. Further details can be found here.
In summary, we recognise that this is a worrying time. Rest assured we will continuously monitor the situation as it develops. If in any doubt, please do get in touch.