Package Travel &
Linked Travel Regulations
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. Ciceroni Tours Limited will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Additionally, as required by law, Ciceroni Tours Limited has protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes insolvent.
More information on key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 201
Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
• Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
• There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
• Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
• Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
• The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
• Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
• Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
• Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
• If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
• Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
• The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
• If the organiser or where applicable, the retailer, becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. Ciceroni Tours Limited holds an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL) issued by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no 9295) which provides insolvency protection in respect of flight inclusive packages. Ciceroni Tours Limited also has insolvency protection with The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers’ Trust Limited (ABTOT) for packages which do not include flights arranged by Ciceroni Tours Limited. In the event of the insolvency of Ciceroni Tours Limited, protection is provided by ABTOT for the following:
1. non-flight packages and
2. flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Ciceroni Tours Limited.
Travellers may contact the CAA at CAA House, 45 – 59 Kingsway WC2B 6TE tel +44 (0)330 022 1500 www.caa.co.uk or ABTOT on its 24/7 helpline on +44 (0)1702 811397 or at 117 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BT and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company if services are denied because of Ciceroni Tours Limited’s insolvency.
The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found here.